(1) He added: "I understand and respect those views, but I deeply believe in the correctness of my decision." 他还说:"我理解并尊重他们的看法,但我深信我的决定是正确的。"
(2) They came back game and glee. 他们兴高采烈地回来了。
二、 句子成分转换
句子成分转换是指英语中的某一句子成分译成汉语时转换成另一种句子成分。句子成分转换在主语、谓语、宾语、定语、状语和补语之间展开。例如:
(1) You can always tell the somebodies from the nobodies at a cocktail party. The somebodies come late.在鸡尾酒会上人们常常可以看出大人物和无名小卒来。那些迟到的就是大人物。(主语转换为表语;谓语转换为主语)
(2) With the fear of largely imaginary plots against his leadership, his self-confidence seemed totally to desert him.
由于害怕有人阴谋推翻他的领导,他似乎完全丧失了自信。但所谓的阴谋在很大程度上是他自己假想出来的。(主语转换为宾语,宾语转换为主语)
(3) Cheerful, efficient and warm-hearted, they will do everything to make your journey smooth and comfortable.
他们乐观、能干、热情,总是想方设法使你一路上顺利舒适。(状语转换为谓语)
(4) Her presence of mind had not completely deserted her; but she could not have trusted herself to speak.
她还没有完全失去镇静,一时却又找不出话可说。(主语转换为宾语,宾语转换为主语)
(5) This is the unexpected kind of remark that makes me like the colonel; there is a touch of rough poetry about him.
正是这种出人意料的言论使我喜欢上了上校。他这个人还有那么点诗意呢。(主语转换为宾语;介词宾语转换为主语)
三、表达方式转换
英汉两种语言在表达方式上往往因角度不同而异。要克服这些差异,翻译时也就常有必要把一种表达方式转换为另一种表达方式,使译文符合汉语表达习惯。
(一) 英语中有一些计量词,如score, dozen, decade, quarter等,在汉语中没有相应的表达方式,所以在汉译时得对其加以转换。例如:
(1) Five score years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we stand, signed the Emancipation Proclamation.100年以前,一位伟大的美国人签署了解放宣言,我们现在就站在他象征性的庇荫中。
(2) A dozen and a half aeroplanes poured out into the airport during that five minutes.
那5分钟内,有18架飞机涌进了机场。
(3) Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation.
87年前,我们的先辈在这个大陆上创建了一个新的国家。
(4) They had a dozen children, six boys and six girls, in seventeen years.
上一页 1 23 4 5 6 下一页